Friday, May 3, 2013

Taking Your Life Back

I had a client come in and she was probably 50 pounds overweight. She said she didn’t know how she gained the weight, it was just there all of the sudden. She continued, “If I just look at a cake I gain weight.” She said she goes to the gym everyday and she just can’t lose the weight.  I said, “It’s simple, it is just physics, you gain weight when you eat more calories than your body can burn.” She shook her head and said, “its my hormones, it’s my age, I have a slow metabolism, I inherited it from my mother, I think it could be my thyroid”-- excuse after excuse. This is what the ego wants us to believe. We are victims of circumstances out of our control. This is NOT TRUE!!! If we are not happy with our life or our weight, we choose it. There are no victims. We chose to be a victim. When we’re a victim, then we have NO POWER!  All we have to do is first be honest, and then simply change our mind about it. Let’s say she took responsibility for her weight gain and really started getting honest with herself about what she was eating. For example, lets say she wrote down everything she ate. There is an old saying “honesty will set you free”. I know this to be true. When I’m honest, my ego shuts up. I can now make honest decisions about my food. I’m in the drivers seat, not my child ego. The ego wants what is wants, when it wants it, with no regard for the circumstance. Its a spoiled child run amuck. I give my ego rules and stick to them, or else the ego will start running the show. Would you let your 6 or 8 year old run your show? Your ego is not your friend--its the early destruction and death of yourself, your relationships, your happiness. The ego is something I change my mind about everyday. The more I do it, the better I get at it. I decide the night before or in the morning what I’m going to eat for the day. I stick to my plan. The minute I start saying to myself, “well.....I could just have a little more of this or that” then the ego “the child” starts with all the words of insanity. You deserve it, only a little, that voice will increase and increase in my head driving me insane- its like I just want to take a bite to shut it up!!! I have to set up the rules and follow through just like you would a child. Give your “child” boundaries and rules.  Your mission, if you chose to accept it, involves YOU taking complete responsibly and taking back your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment