Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Day Six......I had a mishap

I had to do a lot of errands today. I left home with some food in hand. I was out later than I anticipated and didn’t have enough food. I made my green smoothie, but didn’t have my salad. When I got home I was starving, all evening I felt like I just couldn’t get enough food. I stuck with my plan though, and it was difficult. My ego, wanted me to grab whatever was close…I felt like I was in a panic. The ego was enjoying my missed planning and urging me to just eat whatever I could get my hands on. My ego said, “your starving. you could die if I don’t eat”. The ego kept nudging me. I felt afraid and out of control. I just took a deep breath (several actually), drank some water, and crunched on a few celery sticks. I ate all the right foods but I ate more than I usually would. Next time, I’ll plan and make sure to bring all my food in a cooler with some ice so I can keep in the car and If I get hungry its there for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment