Friday, May 17, 2013

Day Eight - How are my pants fitting?

My regular pants do feel looser on me today. I’m not going to weigh until June 1st, which is one month from when I started my fun adventure of releasing weight.  This is what I did when I released over 100 pounds back in 2008. I have discovered that the body will hold onto weight and even go up in weight slightly before it releases more weight again. That is why I choose to only weigh once a month. If I were to weigh weekly and didn’t release any weight that week, I know my ego would have a field day telling me that I should be losing more weight. And what if I happen to weigh on the day the scale goes up, before I release weight again? I will surly be informed by my ego that its all a waste of time, and that all of my efforts are in vain. It might say, “your too old to lose weight, your metabolism is slower, your in menopause, why do you want to lose weight anyway, you look great as you are, just go have a cookie, a candy bar, some chips, or ice cream and be happy”. My ego, of course, also thinks I should drop weight fast, that I should release 10 pounds in 10 days. Losing that much weight that fast is possible yes, but highly unlikely, and of course the ego is unrealistic and insane anyway! So again, I just change my mind. I decide that I’m having fun releasing weight. I’m having fun eating such yummy food.
 This change of mind and thinking keeps my ego quite.....

No comments:

Post a Comment