Monday, June 24, 2013

Day 13 - I Was Tested

Last night I went over to my step-daughters house for dinner. She made salmon, asparagus and brown rice. She told me she got me dessert. My ego went crazy saying things like “you will offend her if you don’t eat her dessert, just eat a little. I was ill prepared. If I would have known ahead of time I could have prepared myself and already had the smack down talk with my ego, telling it No! We ate dinner. The salmon was cooked to perfection. Dessert consisted of cute little tarts, one lemon and the other fruit. My ego really wanted me to eat them. I could feel my heart racing. I told myself “I’m in control of my life, NOT my ego. All I have to do is change my mind.” I took a deep breath, then I remembered a book I had read called, “Why French Women Don’t Get Fat”. The author talked about having just three bites, this is why French women stay thin. They just take three bites of everything they want. So I told my ego, “We are only going to have 3 bites.” I took the first bite of the lemon one, very sweet. I savored it, tasted it completely. I sat back in my chair and continued to enjoy it. Then I took a bite of the fruit one, yummy not as sweet. I sat back again, away from the table and tasted all the flavors. My daughters were eating the tarts as well. For my third and final bite, I chose the fruit one again. It was delicious, and I could tell it wasn’t as yummy as the first bite. I was done. I stopped, didn’t have any more. I heard my ego say, “You didn’t keep your word! You can’t be trusted, you totally blew it! You’re never going to release that weight. You can’t even say no to dessert.” I disagreed. I re-negotiated in my mind and made a new choice. I’ll continue on my next blog entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment